Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Those Eyes
In response to: Faces of the Enemy
I wouldn't say necessarily that his eyes were dark gaping holes, because they weren't. They were small, thin, bright eyes still full of life. But I couldn't help but notice that the life in them was filled with fear as my "brother" raised his gun to the mans head. What was he saying? The foreign prayers still echo in my head at night and for some reason, in that moment, I found myself screaming the name of that foreigners god. He thinks the same that all men think with a gun to their head. He was raised to hate me. He was taught that his country is good and my country is evil. I was taught the same thing. I was raised to hate him and taught that his country is evil and my country is good. When I look into those eyes, I see my own staring back at me as the life escapes them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment